Our Guiding Philosophy The Philosophical pillars upon which rests the edifice of SPJIMR’s educational pedagogy and development are
- Influencing Practice
- Promoting value-based growth
- Influencing Practice
The initiatives and innovations at SPJIMR aim to influence industry practices and therefore be a participant in re-shaping the nation. The learning imbibed through a flexible and versatile curriculum develops in the students, not only a capacity for analysis and judgment, but also an innate ability to relate to social problems and then draw upon their own resources for understanding and action. Promoting value-based growth SPJIMR propounds that individuals need to build the right blend of concern for their own welfare and social good. Thus the institute encourages the development of a co-operative outlook that recognizes the value of sharing and mutual respect. This is emphasized in the curriculum through practical experiential learning as well as by example. The other principles, which guide our working are-
- Social relevance and responsiveness – SPJIMR seek to incorporate within its management curriculum strategies for innovative business practices and social value through the integration of corporate social responsibility programs.
- Co-operation and Collaboration – The advent of globalization has brought in its wake an increased collaboration for heightened social, economic and environmental benefit. Through a collaborative effort, it is possible to optimize the use of limited resources, leading to more appropriate and relevant business practices. SPJIMR strongly advocates collaborative efforts for achieving higher than normal returns from investments.
- Networking – As a Management Institute, SPJIMR encourages its functioning within a wider social and cultural environment with an emphasis on critical socio-economic processes that are shaping business today. SPJIMR endeavors to amalgamate these diverse perceptions and demands in order to generate a more relevant and significant management education for India. In this respect, SPJIMR attempts to be seen as a major trendsetter in management education today.
Believing itself to be a part of a larger effort, SPJIMR encourages learning by imbibing from
- The best and latest global business practices
- Globally recognized institutes from across the world
- The efforts of Indian business in their quest for growth, productivity, and quality
- Ideologies of gifted individuals who are ecologically conscious
- Western efficiency and Eastern ethos
- Leadership Development Program
SPJIMR believes in building bridges to the future through synergistic effort along with the industry to whom it feels accountable and answerable, and whom it serves with a deep commitment.
Our mission is to influence practice and promote value-based growth. Our students will recognize, understand, and uphold the social relevance of business decisions, including within the underserved sections of society. We uphold this mission because we recognize our twin roles – as a responsible member of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan and as a responsive member of Indian society at large – and look at ourselves in a wider context as a ‘Beyond MBA’ institution. We will accomplish our mission through (a) learner-centric pedagogy that will emphasize attitudes, including spirituality, and skills as much as knowledge; (b) exposing students to value-based growth in underserved parts of our communities; (c) synthesis – in our intellectual contributions and curriculum – of competition- based western efficiency and collaboration-centric eastern ethos; and (d) intellectual contributions aimed at influencing practice. In our students, we recognize a predisposition and willingness to be a doer first. We also emphasize sensitivity to the social footprint of business actions and the role of spirituality in a balanced approach to decision making. In our faculty members, we recognize a commitment to delivering outstanding learner-centric pedagogy by taking advantage of the personal, residential nature of our programs. We also require them to create and disseminate knowledge aimed at influencing practice. As a community, we will realize these objectives through integrity, self- accountability, professional discipline, and hard work. We value operational freedom and uphold an entrepreneurial, agile, flexible, and collaborative culture.
SPJIMR offers the unique opportunity to study business where the future of global business is In the heart of India, at the centre of the financial capital of this economy, the very place where investments are growing, where demand is rising and where businesses are gearing up for faster growth, students can study business and learn from the market. SPJIMR is probably the best-located institution in the heart of Mumbai city, the financial center of India with strong linkages to industry. This is reflected in the ready acceptance of our graduates in industry and translates to our superior placement performance. Additionally, SPJIMR’s two year PGDM programme offers the option of having practitioners as part of the whole delivery of the courses in terms of projects, internships, guest lectures and industry-sponsored courses. Opportunity to study a final semester in top US B-Schools The big ticket opportunity that the programme offers for international students is a fact that they can go and study their final semester in any of the top international schools during the fall. For example, participants can go and do a full semester in a school like the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management,Cornell University, USA , Krannert School of Management, Purdue University, USA, Eli Broad College of Business, Michigan State University, USA, University of Maryland, USA and Schulich School of Business, York University, Canada. Students are ready to take on a final semester internationally after they have
- Studied the realities of an emerging economy
- Completed all the fundamental courses in the first year
- Completed a social internship during the summers
- Completed the specialization courses in the third semester
Career Opportunities in top global companies Graduates with deep knowledge of and exposure to India can find exciting roles in global corporates which are looking to build on the India opportunity.
Munshi Nagar, Dadabhai Road
400 058 Mumbai, Maharashtra, India