Do you want to develop your Individual leadership style?
UCW Vancouver is a University with a clear vision — to be a leading, respected independent University in Canada and abroad, known for innovation and effectiveness in preparing motivated students for professional-level careers and societal leadership. UCW Vancouver transforms students into leadership-ready graduates for communities around the world.
What makes us different?
- 100% employability for MBA graduates within 6 months
- Business and technology-focused university with an emphasis on practical experience
- Downtown location, state of the art new campus opening Summer 2020
- ACBSP-accredited MBA and Bachelor of Commerce program.
- Teaching-intensive institution with qualified, expert faculty with real industry experience
- UCW’s learning environment is dynamic and practical. Class sizes are small to focus more on individual requirements.
- You are given the opportunity to study in the heart of Vancouver’s vibrant business community.
- UCW downtown campus provides you with unparalleled access to a network of prospective employers.
- We have students from 53 different countries and plenty of networking opportunities.
- Personalized academic planning and advising services
- Student-centered environment, additional support and free workshops in various areas including writing, statistics and more
- Fully engaged student services with student-centered activities and events
- Experienced Career Development specialists help you land your dream job
- Flexible study options, study on campus or blended delivery online, or a combination of both.
- Flexible schedules, offering courses in the evenings and weekends
- Putting students wellbeing first, with 24/7 emotional and psychological support available for students
So are you ready to propel your career to the next level?
The Vancouver factor
“Vancouver is Manhattan with mountains.” - The New York Times.
When you study with UCW Vancouver, you’ll find out why this beautiful city was voted the 3rd best city to live by The Economist*.
Vancouver is a city made up of intelligent and highly-skilled people from around the world and a welcoming, cosmopolitan lifestyle awaits you here. The city of Vancouver offers a wealth of study and work opportunities and you’ll be surrounded by wonderful natural beauty. This is truly the ultimate place to be.
With a rich history across different sectors, Vancouver has made its mark upon the world economy and continues to make a big impact upon traditional and newer industries.
Come on board for:
- Business and technology-oriented, teaching-intensive learning
- World-class Learning facility in downtown Vancouver
- Career-focused education and expert faculty
- Excellent service and support from faculty and staff
- Opportunities to fast-track your education and finish programs faster
UCW has two easily accessible campuses in downtown Vancouver: 626 West Pender St. in the historic London Building and Vancouver House (opening in July 2020).
Our campus at 626 Pender Street is located only steps away from public transit, including the Waterfront SkyTrain Station, bus routes and the SeaBus terminal. The vibrant and lively neighborhood is full of restaurants, stores, entertainment options, shopping centers, and gym facilities.
Our new campus, Vancouver House, is located in one of the highest-profile developments in Vancouver’s recent history. The campus will include more than 90,000 sq. ft. in the iconic Vancouver House Development, a globally recognized project designed by architect Bjarke Ingels of BIG.
UCW Vancouver House will be able to accommodate more than 3,400 students with the first term in the new facility expected to be July 2020.
Many of the world’s biggest companies have offices within walking distance of our downtown campus, providing students with unparalleled access to a network of prospective employers.
Vancouver has been named the third most liveable city in the world by The Economist and that liveability is evident as you stroll through the bustling scenic city.
University Canada West’s online programs are ideal for those looking to up skill without compromising their busy schedules. The flexible learning method will allow you to fit studying around your work and family commitments. You will benefit from access to a range of high-quality online learning resources such as video lectures, online forums and one-to-one time with your lecturer.
UCW currently offers the following online programs:
- Online MBA
- Online Bachelor of Commerce
- Online Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication
Benefits of studying online
Studying online brings a variety of benefits such as providing the freedom to fit studying around your daily commitments. With access to HD video lectures and course materials, you won’t feel any less prepared than those who’ve studied on campus.
Online study is becoming increasingly popular because it allows you to obtain an academic qualification and significantly enhance your employability without putting your life or job on hold.
Our students are our Brand Ambassadors
UCW Vancouver is a university with a clear vision – to put its students at the heart of everything. From the first moment you step on campus to your graduation, every experience UCW Vancouver offers is tailored to give you the best possible start in your career.
Career Development Center
The UCW Career Development Center was created to facilitate an engaging partnership with students and alumni as they transition from higher education into the workforce environment and beyond. Through these partnerships, the Career Development Center will bridge the gap of employers’ needs and employment opportunities for our students and alumni.
Career Development Center includes resources and workshops in group and one-to-one settings, but are not limited to assistance with:
- Resumes and cover letters
- Interviewing skills
- Job search techniques
- Networking and volunteer opportunities
- Career advising
- Career exploration
- Personal branding on social media/LinkedIn
- Job fair preparation
- Career panels
- Accessing the hidden job market
- Internship resources
- Career treks
- Career fairs
New students will get to know the Student Services department quickly during Orientation, where the team gives students an overview of the university’s campus, myUCW portal, library services and assists with course selection and registration.
As well as peer and faculty support, through Student Services, students can access:
- Writing and Numeracy Coaches
- Academic Advising
- Campus Information Sessions
- Workshops and Seminars
- Student Life and Student Committee Events, such as: holiday parties, end of term socials, movie nights, and much more.
To ensure that your experience University Canada West is enjoyable, should you encounter any challenges, do be advised that a solution is often just a click or call away.
Suite 100 – 626 West Pender Street
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada