MBA in Sports Business Vytautas Magnus University
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Understand the principles and structures of different sports business systems and can make effective decisions in diverse organizational contexts.
- Understand the specifics of sports marketing and communication and be able to adopt adequate strategies and instruments both in traditional and digital media environments.
- Understand the diversity of legal entities, contracts, tax provisions, dispute settlement, and instruments for legal protection available to sports organizations.
- Understand the economic rationale behind the functioning of diverse sports business systems, analyze financial data and streams, and make financially informed business decisions.
- Have a systemic understanding of different management aspects of sports organizations.
- Formulate and implement business development strategies of sports organizations by adopting innovative business models and mobilizing important stakeholder groups.
- Professionally debate and work in a team, co-operate in project teams, manage them, make decisions, and take responsibility for results.
- Provide systemic, creative, and critical solutions to complex management problems based on the norms of ethics and social responsibility.
The study program qualifies students for a wide scope of positions in sports organizations, ranging from management of professional clubs, and businesses in sports-related industries to managing professional sports associations and other system-level bodies (e.g. federations, sports leagues, and competitions in private, governmental, and NGOs sectors: manage business companies in middle and higher level; take positions of management in sports federations and associations, in professional and nonprofessional sports clubs, in advertising and other project management; work as sporting goods and service sales manager; as a business analyst in certain sports sectors; as business process analyst; as sports services manager/agent; as sports organizations representative of public relations; as sports journalist; as sports sponsorship; as ERP consultant.