The Rotman - SDA Bocconi Global Executive MBA - GEMBA SDA Bocconi
The Rotman-SDA Bocconi GEMBA
Truly global, distinctly personal.
The Rotman-SDA Bocconi Global Executive MBA (Master in Business Administration) is a modular program that combines the expertise and perspectives of a leading European and a leading North American business school in a transformative journey hosted in international business hubs. A launching pad for future career phases and an integrated preparation for senior management roles, GEMBA provides a highly personalized focus on leadership development and introduces participants to a global network of exceptional managers, faculty, executives, and thought-leaders.
This unique 18-month program, spanning seven cities in four continents, will change the way you think, network, and do business in some of the world’s biggest markets and will give you a wider range of opportunities, contacts, and experiences. The Rotman-SDA Bocconi GEMBA is offered in partnership with the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto in Canada.
Don't miss out the opportunity to learn more about the SDA Bocconi GEMBA: join our dedicated MBAs Open Day either Oncampus or Online.
Why choose us?
- Global Advantage: Europe, Americas, Asia
- Toronto, Milano, Mumbai, San Francisco, Copenhagen, Shanghai, São Paulo: immerse yourself in the local cultures of seven international business centers, cross borders, bridge continents, and transcend insular thinking.
- Two Credentials and Two Networks
- A Global Executive MBA from SDA Bocconi School of Management in Milan and an MBA from the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto. The combined strength of these brands will position you for lifelong success.
- Insight Sharing with Thought Leaders
- Learn from globally-focused faculty, who can offer guidance, act as mentors, and open doors to new opportunities. And share firsthand insights into global business challenges with corporate leaders on campus and on-site tours.
- Flexible Format, Timing, and Location
- Combine professional, personal, and learning opportunities no matter where you are located, through the flexible executive format that blends residency modules around the world with distance learning.
- Personalized Leadership Development Program
- Grow your potential as a leader through regular personal assessments, skills workshops, coaching conversations, and a leadership retreat.
Who is it for?
The Rotman-SDA Bocconi GEMBA will expand your global understanding, and personal horizons as a future leader: GEMBA is the right program for you if:
- You want to benefit from an inclusive outlook that bridges continents as you earn two credentials from top-ranked Schools with connections worldwide.
- You want to experience a transformative program hosted in seven key business hubs, immerse yourself in local cultures, while building knowledge and skills for an ever-changing, interconnected world.
- You want to gain insights into sectors where our schools have special expertise, and compare perspectives in our home cities: Milano - Italy’s entrepreneurial, industrial, and financial center - and Toronto - Canada’s multicultural financial capital and innovation hub.
- You want to develop a highly personalized focus on leadership challenges and enter a global network of exceptional managers, executives, and thought-leaders.
Scholarships and Funding
SDA Bocconi School of Management, with the contribution of the Bocconi Alumni Community, makes available 350.000 USD in merit-based Tuition Waivers for 2021-2023 Rotman-SDA Bocconi GEMBA candidates.
The tuition waivers are usually awarded during the admissions process and before the Program begins. The number and assignment criteria of partial tuition waivers are defined by a special Commission.
Candidates can apply for the tuition waivers even though their selection process is still in progress.
The tuition waivers will be awarded in the rounds indicated in the notice of competition and within the Rotman-SDA Bocconi Global EMBA Program's beginning.
Grow your leadership on the global stage
Expand your global understanding, and personal horizons as a future leader, in this unique 18-month program spanning seven cities on four continents.
The new Rotman-SDA Bocconi GEMBA will change the way you think, network, and do business in some of the world’s biggest markets.
Traveling towards success
The curriculum, which includes twenty-four courses plus electives, will deepen your grasp of business fundamentals such as finance and accounting while building your knowledge and skills for the new global economy. You will benefit from our schools’ leadership in areas such as design thinking and analytics. You will gain insights into industries and sectors where our schools have special expertise: for example, luxury brands at SDA Bocconi and fintech at Rotman. And you will build a network of international contacts while learning invaluable tools to advance your career.
- 18 Months
- 75 Learning Days
- 63 Out of Office Days
- 3 9-Day Modules (Friday-Saturday noon), 8.5 learning days/6 working days each = 25.5 total learning days (classroom+company visit)/18 workdays (participants' out of office)
- 8 1-Week Modules (Monday-Saturday noon, including Elective Module Weeks), 5.5 learning days/5 working days each = 44 total learning days (classroom+company visit)/ 40 workdays (participants' out of office)
- 1 Elective Module (either in Milano and/or, Toronto or to exchange partner schools), 1 Week (Monday-Saturday noon) = 5.5 learning days/5 working days
The Global EMBA is delivered through a variety of learning formats. The learning platform of the Global EMBA aims to make full use of your time by combining lectures, case studies, group projects, and business simulations with distance-learning sessions.
The learning model reflects SDA Bocconi’s spirit, which, through practical analyses and criticisms, stimulates and encourages the exchange of ideas, fostering a sense of belonging.
The curriculum is both rigorous and flexible, rich in theory but practical enough to be a test for the workplace. Throughout the program, you will also be in close contact with professionals from various economic sectors.
We strongly believe that balancing theory with practice is the pillar of a good Executive MBA. To achieve this balance, we continuously invite influential academics, corporate executives, and community leaders.
Regular attendance in on-campus modules and distance-learning sessions for the two-year program is mandatory, and an absence of any significant length will make it impossible to complete the program.
In each module, you will be first assessed on a pass/fail basis. The primary objective of the initial evaluation is to confirm that you have acquired the necessary competencies in each subject. If you are granted a passing grade, you will then receive a final mark (A, B, C, or D), distributed on a grading curve. If you receive three failing grades, you will be required to withdraw from the program.
This rigorous evaluation process is in place because we believe it preserves the value of the program and the quality of each individual’s experience.