M.B.A. with a major in Process Improvement Nova Southeastern University, H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business & Entrepreneurship
Solve an organization’s toughest business problems, and you’ve struck career gold. Insightful leaders who can respond to global pressures, changing markets, and other business shifts through successful organization-wide process improvement are in strong demand.
Your STEM-designated M.B.A. in Process Improvement focuses on the expertise to drive higher performance, quality, and ROI, all while promoting a proactive work culture. This program puts you right in the driver’s seat, with a hands-on education navigating the real-world challenges of area companies. Add the strategic business insights of a classic M.B.A. curriculum, and you’ll have an impressive skill set few employers can resist.
- Hands-on experience: Solve real-world challenges posed by area companies.
- Prepares you to sit for three internationally recognized certifications: ASQ’s Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, SME’s Lean Bronze, and PMI’s Project Management Professional.
- Curriculum: NSU’s M.B.A. program is 37-49 total credits to complete, depending on undergraduate coursework.
- Start Dates: The M.B.A. with a major in Process Improvement is available to start in August.
- Delivery Options: Classes for the Master of Business Administration program with a major in Process Improvement are offered weeknights at NSU's Fort Lauderdale/Davie campus and online (asynchronously). Select classes in the major offered in the online format may require synchronous learning.
- Tuition: Tuition for the degree program is $1026 per credit hour. Discounted rates are available through our employer tuition program.
- Application Deadline: July 31
- Certificate: The College of Business also offers a Process Improvement Certificate program for non-degree-seeking students.
International students who graduate with a STEM degree increase their employability and may be eligible to remain in the U.S. for up to 36 months on Optional Practical Training (OPT). Further information about eligibility and requirements for the STEM OPT extension is available on the Department of Homeland Security website and through the university’s Office of International Affairs.
Scholarships and Funding
We Honor Excellence…
The H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship recognizes and honors the academic strengths, leadership roles, community involvement, and skills of its students. We encourage students to achieve new heights in intellectual and personal development and are committed to rewarding these achievements through scholarship programs.
- AutoNation Scholarship
- CITY Furniture
- Florence Bayuk Educational Trust
- James F. Allen Scholarship
- Lori and Seth Wise/BBX Scholarship Endowment
- Lynda Leggett Moore Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Pathway Scholars Program
- Strategic Forum, Phil Bakes Scholarship
- Susie and Alan B Levan Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Terry W. Stiles Real Estate Development Scholarship
Tuition Awards & Other Aid Opportunities
- Government Employee Tuition Award
- Best for Our World™ Award
- Military Tuition Award
- Non-Profit Organizations Award
- NSU Alumni Tuition Award
M.B.A. Core Courses (22–31 credits)
- ACT 5001* Introductory Accounting
- ACT 5140 Accounting for Decision Makers
- FIN 5008* Business Finance
- FIN 5130 Financial Management
- ISM 5150 Information Strategy for Digital Transformation
- MGT 5001 Developing Academic and Career Success
- MGT 5105 Managing Organizational Behavior in a Dynamic and Complex World
- MGT 5170 Applying Strategy for Managers
- MKT 5125 Marketing Decisions for Managers
- QNT 5000* Foundations of Business Statistics
- QNT 5160 Analytical Modeling for Decision Making
Process Improvement (15 credits)
- PIM 5450 Quality Management
- PIM 5455 Project Management
- PIM 5460 Process Improvement Methods
- PIM 5465 Process Improvement Practicum
- Open elective—any course in HCBE excluding CHS, ISEC, MSIT, and MMIS prefixes
* Course may be waived at the discretion of the department chair or designee. Waivers will only be considered when an equivalent course with a grade of C has been completed in the past 10 years.
Current students: Please consult your Academic Advisor for program requirements or access SharkLink for your Degree Works audit. Program requirements are subject to change, and your Academic Advisor or Degree works audit can provide you with the courses required for your catalog term.
Lean Six Sigma Certifications
The Huizenga College of Business will award Lean Six Sigma certifications based on students' performance in the core Process Improvement courses (PIM 5450, PIM 5455, PIM 5460, and PIM 5465).
- ≥ 3.65 Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- ≥ 3.25 Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- ≥ 3.0 Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Quality Assurance Director: $129,102 (average salary per year)
- Business Process Consultant: $106,396 (average salary per year)
- Vice President of Total Quality: $211,361 (average salary per year)