Study MBA in Israel 2023
Basic monthly living cost
Rent in a shared flat644
Share of utilities79
Sample lifestyle cost
Fast food combo16
Pint of local beer9
Study in Israel
A/2 visa - This visa is granted to those who wish to come to Israel to study at an accredited institution.
What type of Visa do you need?
Student Visa (A/2 visa)
Price and currency
The application fee for a student visa to Israel depends on your country of residence and is subject to change at any time. The fee can be around 40-50 USD.
Who can apply for the visa?
It is mandatory that all international students participating in programs of one semester or longer secure a Student Visa (A-2) before arriving in Israel.
The student visa is granted to those who want to study in the elementary and high schools, academic institutions and yeshivot and youth institutions of the Jewish Agency.
Where can you make the application?
Israeli Consulate or Embassy of Israel
You must appear in person at your local Israeli Consulate or Embassy of Israel prior to your arrival to obtain a student visa.
How to make the application?
The applicant for an Israeli student visa typically needs to provide the following:
- Completed and signed application for a visa to enter Israel. You can download the application form here: http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA_Graphics/MFA%20Gallery/Consular%20forms/EntryVisa.pdf
- Passport (must be valid beyond one year from the date of the intended visit).
- Two passport pictures.
- Original letter of acceptance for study at a recognized educational institution in Israel.
- Statement from the bank showing that you have the funds to support the stay in Israel while you are a student (Bank statement from the past three months).
- Roundtrip airline tickets OR payment of next school year in the states (in the case of an exchange student).
- Bank statement of the last 3 months.
- You may need to provide your original birth certificate
When should you apply?
Apply for a student visa soon after you receive the official letter of acceptance from your hosting Israel educational institute.
The visa is valid for up to one year (and allows many entries to the country) and can be extended in the Population Authority office for an additional period.
A/2 Visa holders are not allowed to work in Israel.
Under certain conditions, A/2 visa holders who are eligible to make aliya under the Law of Return may work part-time.
Hours per week
Why do you need this type of visa?
Your visa application may be rejected if you are not able to show proof of the required funds, or if you provide incorrect or incomplete documents.
- Tel Aviv University - Online Programs
- Polis – The Jerusalem Institute of Languages and Humanities
- College of Law and Business
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Technion International
- Gershon H. Gordon Faculty of Social Sciences Tel Aviv University
- Bar-Ilan University
- Jerusalem College of Technology (JCT) Lev Academic Center
- Azrieli – College of Engineering Jerusalem
- The Arava Institute for Environmental Studies