The MBA in Sports and Recreation Management at Salem International University develops your overall strategic skill set for business, with specific knowledge aimed at careers in sports management. After graduation, you should be a competent business problem-solver who can:
- Apply managerial strategies to the specific needs of sports teams, sports leagues, recreational facilities, and other related organizations.
- Understand rules and regulations for various sports federations and leagues.
- Use research and data to develop effective promotions and marketing strategies for sports-related organizations.
- Lead people and processes with professional integrity.
About this Program
This program prepares students for career paths and duties as:
- Youth Development – Direct community and youth programs.
- Professional Coach – Lead professional athletes to success.
- Event Coordinator – Manage and organize all aspects of sports and recreational events.
- Parks and Facilities Manager – Ensure public and private parks and facilities are maintained and operated to safely meet the needs of customers and the sponsoring company or government agency.
- General Manager – Oversee all aspects of business management.
Salem offers accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on ground at our Salem, West Virginia campus. Courses are delivered in a monthly format (4-weeks) and completed on ground, online, or through a blended approach that uses both delivery methods. Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule. Traditional on ground programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students.
- SMG601 Economics of Sports and Recreation
- SMG602 Sports and Recreation Finance
- SMG603 Business Law and Governing Agencies in Sports and Recreation
- SMG604 Sports and Recreation Planning, Promotion, and Evaluation
- BUS600 Organizational Behavior, Leadership, and Ethics
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or online from our website at www.salemu.edu. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. A nonrefundable application fee is required of all applicants. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem International University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
About the School
Established in 1888 as Salem College, Salem University has a tradition of academic excellence and innovation. The beautiful 100-acre campus is nestled in the Appalachian mountains of West Virginia. Th ... Read More