Focused on one of the world’s fastest-growing industries, this program provides a practical approach towards sustainable hospitality and the shift in demands from the conscientious travelers!
Innovative, practical, and adapted to the real world, the MBA in Sustainable Hospitality Management is aimed to have an impact on your future career in this vibrant industry. It is delivered by outstanding faculty coming from the field with significant experience in sustainable projects and business strategy focused on hospitality.
SUMAS students are constantly engaged in practice-oriented projects that are guided by academics, consultants, and professionals. These projects are part of SUMAS’ innovative teaching methodology which includes video conferences with leading speakers in organizations and in-class company presentations. These activities not only encourage knowledge sharing but also provide valuable opportunities for networking to enhance your career development. SUMAS students can choose to take a second optional year and engage in an internship in a corporation or an international organization.
Length: 1 year (Full-Time) / 2 Years (Part-Time)
Content: 9 core modules, 5 major modules, Final Capstone Projects in collaboration with executives.
Starting Dates: February and September.
Requirements for the MBA Programs:
Our university welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed a Bachelor's degree. Once you have applied, our admissions team will be in contact with you for any further requirements.
- Application fee of CHF 200.
- Official certified transcripts and diplomas of Bachelor's studies, with certified translation (if not originally in English).
- CV/Resume indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order.
- Motivation Letter indicating why you want to study in Switzerland at Sustainability Management School.
- If you are not a native English speaker or you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school or in an English work environment.
- Photocopy of valid passport or ID.
- Two passport photographs.
- Applications from non-degree candidates will be evaluated for our Executive-MBA based on 3-4 years of managerial work experience.
Graduate Program Costs (Switzerland)
- Tuition for program CHF 39'545
- Expenses and Materials* CHF 650
- Advanced tuition payment (non-refundable, due upon receipt of acceptance letter)** CHF 3'000
- The advanced tuition fee for students with VISA requests (refundable in case of VISA refusal)** CHF 10'000
- Optional Internship & Professional Development 2nd year CHF 9'900
Graduate Program Costs (Italy)
- Tuition for program €20'970
- Expenses and Materials* €450
- Advanced tuition fees (non-refundable, due upon receipt of acceptance letter)** €4'000
*Expenses and materials include eBook chapters and eJournals.
Applications for simulation game software, capstone, and student trips are additional costs and not included in the overall price.
** Deductible from tuition fee initial payment.
SUMAS does not currently offer any scholarship programs or grants.
Our experiential camps based around the world will help to raise your awareness of sustainable living and will allow you to develop practical solutions to environmental challenges.
GNH (Gross National Happiness) - Bhutan
Learn about Bhutan's unique outlook on sustainability and holistic happiness while enjoying the scenic landscape of this unique country.
Eco-tourism - Iceland
Lectures about the country’s growing eco-tourism trend and visits to their leading tour operators to find out how Iceland is leading sustainable tourism today.
Nature Conservation - Costa Rica
Discover nature conservation first hand in Costa Rica and find out how this lush Central American country is combating conservation issues daily.
About the School
The aim of the SUMAS is to educate socially responsible global decision makers of the future who will make a real difference in the world. Its purpose is to deliver an innovative mix of sound business ... Read More